From: Dave Casey <dcasey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 1959 New Yorker convertibles - How Many Left?
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 23:50:13 -0500

No one bothered to save the stuff actually used in the movie, save for a
little sheet metal, we have a first hand report on that. Throughout the
'80s
you could still pick up '58 Plymouths cheap. I think its more the internet
and other technology that has raised interest in certain cars. No one has
seen Christine for years, all of a sudden the DVD is at Wal-Mart for $10 or
less and interests are sparked. Plus, people just knowing that the internet
is there causes them to consider things they hadn't thought to previously.
"I bet if I got on that internet, I could find me one of them."
I know for certain that without the internet or this list, I wouldn't have
found my brother's '58 (he'd wanted one since he saw the movie back in the
day, Thanks Mark). I still remember when I joined the list and sent out the
e-mail to find one back in '99 or 2000 from my high school computer science
class. Some things are just more important than education (yes, I passed,
well).
    And Bill, it does too matter. Cars and people do move, but not that
much. You've only found one out of state car so far. Its a known fact that
more Chrysler products were sold up north than down south. Its also a known
fact that cars survive better down south than up north. My '65 moved down
here from Illinois, but my '57 has lived here since it was shipped to the
dealer.

Dave Casey