From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of eddee
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 4:24 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] CORRECT EXHAUST PIPE CLAMPS????

Hello List.

While disassembeling my exhaust system,,,I noticed the clamps the previous
owner used.
I cannot believe they are 'MOPAR' circa 1957 clamps,,,,,,,,but
They sure look like something from that era.

Can anyone help identify if these clamps are anything worth keeping,,,or
just aftermarket scrap metal at this point.
(they all work and are not rusted,,but they are not Stainless)

They are 5 piece clamps,,,,2 nuts,,,,,,the threaded loop,,,,,,the cross bar
(which is one piece of steel bent in a circle at the ends for the threaded
loop to go through)  and ,,,,,,,,the most interesting piece,,,,which is a
'cover piece'.

The 'COVER PIECE' is 5/8" wide,,goes over the cross bar,,has holes in end
for the threaded loop and has stamped on it
The size of clamp in a circle,,,,AND  'US PATENT 3605214'   'CAN PATENT
321230'

Can anyone identify who made these and what era they are,and are they worth
keeping??

Thank you
ED ECKERSON
LI  NY