Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: puller

Hi Wayne,
I don't have a picture of the puller I can send because I am barely computer literate and don't know how to send pictures. I will describe it though. It consists of a 6"x6"x5/8" steel plate with the 5 ho;es drilled on the 4 1/2" bolt pattern that all Mopars, except Imperial, use. For 1956 and newer cars that have studs on the drum, we made elongated nuts ( 1 3/8" long) by drilling and tapping hex rod for right and left hand thread. We cut right & left hand threaded studs to length and screwed them about half way into the elongated nuts and tack welded them into place to maintain the right length. You screw the five elongated nuts onto the stud on the drum. The studs stick out beyond the axle far enough to install the plate over the studs and sits against the axle shaft. You put a nut & washer on each stud & tighten them until the drum comes off. It pulls on all five studs and is shorter & sturdier than three legged pullers. The puller for pre-1956 Mopars uses the same plate but the hardware is differant to attach to those drums that have threaded holes in the drum. I sell them with the guarantee that if you are not satisfied with the puller send it back for a refund. So far no one has sent one back. The puller for 1956 and newer cars sells for $100.00. The kit that includes hardware for pulling pre-1956 drums is $125.00. Prices include UPS shipping. To order, send a check made to Les Fairbanks to T & L Mold 1246 E. Empire Ave. Benton Harbor, MI 49022. I have a few pullers made up and usually ship the same day I get the check. Thanks,   Les