[FWDLK] Where's Waldo (& his D501??)

Actually , NOT "Waldo", but howabout  "Sonny Benson"? Way back, in the
9/91 issue of MoPar Collector's Guide, they had a black&white
feature-article  on an  all-yellow, 1957 Coronet D501 CONVERTIBLE.
The article said that the car had a "tan" top.          The photography
was so-so, but the car did appear to have a D501 emblem--impossible to
confirm in the 'rear-photo', though. It DID have the requisite 15"
wheels, with 15" 1956 'spinners', on it. The 'silver'  engine appeared
to have red(?) painted Fury-Type aircleaners, and black(???) painted
valve covers. A Grand-Total of THREE pictures.The Body & top looked to
be freshly restored, but the engine compt looked rather 'original', but
clean.    The article was written on a 'friend-of-a-friend'
("third-hand") basis.

I tried contacting MCR, but they  professed to know  nothing about the
car, except that it might be "In Texas".

Subsequently, I have heard/seen/read NOTHING about the car, which,
undoubtably, still exists somewhere!! How can "you" keep this car
"under-cover"??

btw, the article said that the convertible's "curb weight" was 3,815,
which sound  correct, but this car also had a Torqueflite trannie, which
WAS factory-available.

So, who/where is "Sonny" Benson, and this-car?
Finally, thanx to Tony Boatman's purchase of a NOS D500 emblem, on Ebay,
a non-winning bidder was contacted, and HE has a 1957 CRL 2-dr HT, that
appears to have a REAL D501 engine in it  (KD501-1019)--I'm trying to
confirm whether the car, itself, might  be a righteous "1-of-1" CRL (not
holding my breath), but the owner states that the car "came" with this
engine, & its history IS "known".
We'll see....

Neil V.