[FWDLK] 1959 326 rocker arms vs. 318 Poly rocker arms

[FWDLK] 1959 326 rocker arms vs. 318 Poly rocker arms

Hello everyone,

My rocker arm issues are still here; here's the latest:

It appears my mechanic's 30+ years of experience on Mopar is with LA and
R/BR series engines, and he has no experience with the old poly 318 motors
and the 326.

He has told me that no LA or R/BR series rocker arms would work: they are
1/8 to 1/4" too short, and are not canted at an angle with respect to the
valve shaft (10-20 degrees).  He measured from the center of the ball
pressed into the rocker across to the center of the pad that rests on the
valve shaft: 2.675 inches.  Are there any other motors (318 poly?) that used
a rocker arm like this?  Would I be able to replace the "ball" pressed in
the end of the rocker arm and use the three rockers I have?

I appreciate your help!  My motor has been in the shop since the beginning
of November, and I can't wait to get my car on the road!

Thanks!!

Eric Skowron
Loveland, Colorado

'56 Chrysler New Yorker, 84K original
     miles, 354 Hemi, $3500
'58 Imperial convertible
'58 Imperial 4 door sedan
'59 Dodge Coronet 2 door hard top
?68 Chrysler Newport convertible, 383
     magnum $2500
'68 Dodge Polara convertible (Monaco
     500 clone)
?68 Dodge Monaco500 Canadian convertible,
     383, console, disc brakes, $2700
'68 Dodge Monaco500 2 door hardtop, 383
     magnum, $1800
'74 Olds Omega