[FWDLK] Rear axle install follow up FYI

I installed the E body rear axle assembly in my 1956 Plodge frame. With the stock M body rims ( 15X 6 with 4 inch backspace) I end up with a 59.5 inch track width, which is 1 inch wider then the stock M body and the Plodge. I don't have the body on but it looks like with standard type tires clearance won't be an issue. I can also go to a wheel with a 4.5 inch backspace and be at the stock track. The spring perch width was 41 inches.
The M body rearend would have been perfect if I could have found one with the right pinion gears. The e-body backing plates, brakes and drum stuff all interchanges so every thing worked out pretty good. Last mission is to build a trans crossmember to finish frame.

Do you Yahoo!?