[FWDLK] Painting an Engine

Hi All -

I'd like some feedback on the procedure I am using for painting my engine.

After removing all the peripherals (carb, fuel pump, coil, sending units,
etc.) from my Plymouth's 318, I cleaned and sanded every nook and cranny.
Since I've had problems in the past with rust coming thru the paint months
after painting, I decided to prime before topcoating.  I used Seymour Green
Zinc Phosphate primer over the scuffed bare metal and residual paint, which
is what I did this evening.  I will let the primer dry for about two days
before topcoating with Mopar Aluminum Engine Enamel (part no. P4529148,
which is what has been mentioned as the correct color for the 1958 318).  I
had some concern with compatibility issues between the primer and the top
coat.  But I was told that this primer is compatible with most color coats.

Any thoughts ?

Ron