Re: [FWDLK] wanted source of twin cone speakers

Re: [FWDLK] wanted source of twin cone speakers

Fern,

I just installed a stereo radio conversion in my 56 Dodge. The shop that did
the conversion to my 56 Dodge Town & Country radio is S & M Electro-Tech,
763-780-2861, http://www.turnswitch.com The sound is terrific. I replaced
the original speakers with the speakers they sell. These speakers are custom
made for this conversion, which puts out 22 watts per channel. This is way
too much power for the old speakers. The new speakers come in both 6x9 and
5x7 sizes. They are not the old technology dual magnet speakers shown on the
web site, but use a much smaller new technology ceramic magnet that is 10
times more powerful for its size. I highly recommend this shop.

There are numerous shops around the country that convert old radios to a
modern stereo. They ALL use the conversion parts that come from this one
source: http://www.antiqueautomobileradio.com/  This web site has detailed
info on the conversion specs. They also have a variety of speakers.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500