Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Carlisle Roll Call

Remember, it's a Survivor not a Concours car.  =)  We removed many layers of dirt, but a lot of the rust spots, rips, etc. are all still there.  I believe they are cumulatively called 'character' (or so I'm told).  Still, a Seville is pretty rare.  I only know of three (plus two in yards that John Diekewicz has spotted).  It'll be something different, especially when paired with the matching blue & white Gremlin.

The car has gone 22 miles since 1973.  I'm hoping we get there without incident, but it's been so long since I did the majority of the work on that car that I honestly can't remember the condition of many things, and simply haven't had time to check.  Overall, the car handles very well, considering the power steering needs some help, the rear springs are shot, and all four shocks are simply squeak-makers at this point.  The brakes stop the car (usually, but not always), but I hope they'll settle in a bit more with time.

We are going to try the low & slow philosophy and cruise at about 50 mph (tops) the whole trip there.  In my opinion, we're pretty crazy to take the car that far as a test trip.  I understand the majority of Survivors arrive on trailers.  The Gremlin and the Seville with both daily drivers at one point.  We'll do our best to keep them driven!

Wish us luck!

-Dave & Juley