[FWDLK] I need a mechanic in the area!

I know the following van is not a Forward Look car but it helps take my family around and helps get parts for my Savoy.  I live in Dickinson, Texas and it seems my problems deal with the A/C.  Each time I engage the A/C button it causes the van to jerk.  It doesn't matter if the van is on park or drive.  The sound it makes is the kind when you try to start your stove but it won't light up.  Except this sound is louder.  And also the other problem is it seems the only time the A/C works is when your driving, if you're at a red light and parked, it feels like you are in a Steam Room.  Most of the time my wife drives this van with my 4 kids.  Please help 1 of my kids is just a little over 1 year old and she gets very uncomfortable.  This is the only vehicle we have now and we have to deal with this problem. We can't afford to take it in to the Honda Dealer shop anymore.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Joey
1957 Savoy
Dickinson, Texas

P.S.
Even the dealership and all other dealers we took it don't why this is happening.

P.S.S.
The vehicle in question is a 1995 Honda Odessey.