[FWDLK] 57 Plymouth pickup?

Thought I'd throw this out here.  Over on the AACA forums I just answered a
question about a '57 Plymouth pickup a guy found in a junkyard.  Here's what
he says:

"... I was on vacation last week out west and to kill some time I spent 4
hours at a local junkyard. I came across what I first thought was a late 50s
ranchero/el camino, but upon closer examination it had the Plymouth name
plate on the vehicle.

It did not appear to have been chopped or modified from a two door, but I
suppose anything is possible. The driver's door was missing so I could not
find any data on where I assume the data plate would be (as it is on fords,
which I am used too). The tailgate to the vehicle was in the bed and said
Plymouth, and the interior had the plymouth name tag on the dash. The rear
window was hinged on both ends so the window could drop down like a table
leaf towards the bed. The bed was full of junk, but had a large round
recessed hold for a spare tire. I assume there was a cover for this hole,
but did not see it through all of the junk. The vehicle was red and had the
faint display on the passenger door and side of the Carnation Milk Company.
The junkyard had written "57 Plymouth" on the windshield to identify the
vehicle. "

No pictures posted, but I did suggest if he has some to post them.

So, any opinions - custom delivery vehicle of some sort, or just someone's
chop job on a Custom Suburban?  I'm kind of curious, would love to see what
this thing looks like.

Bill K.

---