[FWDLK] Ol' Paint.....

Larry, fwiw, in my so-called research into 57-58 Dodges, I've never
previously seen, or had it been reported , that the actual body colors
were
'written-out' in that 'hidden area', altho I , & others, have seen
numerical-codes written there, in yellow grease-pencil.

I wonder if you know which plant assembled 'your' car,

E.G., on L.A.-built cars, there often is seen O.E.M. paint sprayed
right-over a relatively-large , grease-penciled
"number"---( I recall photo'ing a painted-over
"8" on the formally all-grey, special-ordered 57 CRL D500 2-dr , that's
now in MT(?) , and which has been re-painted red/white [YUK], and which
has been advertised, for a long-time, @ around $27.5K )---which appears
on the upper side of the firewall, near to the Paint/Trim plate.

Makes you wonder why the factory-guy needed
to 'document' the paint combo on that car.

Neil Vedder