[FWDLK] Whitewalls

Robb, it's great to hear from you.
I notice correct/incorrect whitewall widths also.
The first use of "modern" whitewalls (with the black separation against
the rim) that I noticed was on a '59 Pontiac, though they were used on
dream cars since the mid-1950s. They became commonplace in 1961.
1955-1956 cars were still doing 3"-3½" whitewalls.
Vogue Tyre still makes whitewalls that go all the way to the rim.
I found that Coker and Lucas staffers are very knowledgeable regarding
correct whitewall widths. To me, the wrong width sticks out a mile.
Keep contributing, Robb!

Regards....
Lou

The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
       ? Robert Anthony