[FWDLK] 1957 Plymouth Serial Numbers explained?/58 Imperial again

[FWDLK] 1957 Plymouth Serial Numbers explained?/58 Imperial again

So I now have a '57 Belvedere.  Serial number plate was loose but close to
where it's supposed to be.  Car is a 2-bbl and clearly badged on the sides.

VIN tag reads:  16358329   - no suffix, prefix or any of the stuff included
in the Krause book.

I think someone goofed up, because it shows "serial numbers changed at each
factory as follows" and lists various groups for 6 and V8 at each plant.  It
then gives a listing for Fury V8 serial numbers, and that is where my
confusion arises - the serial number falls into the group shown for Fury
V8's.

I haven't checked the engine serial number, but I expect it to be a 301, the
2-barrel carb is still on it but for some reason the valve covers were in
the trunk - the engine is probably garbage.  I would fall over if it had an
FP31 prefix.

-------------------------

I also bought that '58 Imperial I was asking about last week.  Now does
anyone want a '58 Imperial coupe?  I saved this 4-door primarily for the
glass the 2-door needs - 2-dr still has a short block in it that didn't look
too ugly, too.

Anyone know if a '60 deck will fit on a '58?  I'm going to market the
already mashed up, stripped out carcass as a demo derby car, but I'm taking
the spare tire deck off it (and about a zillion other things, there will not
be anything good left on it).  Have a plain '60 deck with some rot handy to
go on in place of it -

There may be another 392 Imperial up there somewhere well-hidden by the
brush as well.

Bill K.

---