From: Jim Hoekendijk <Jim.Hoekendijk@xxxxxx>
Sent: Aug 5, 2004 3:56 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] (re-)introduction: 1957 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer D500 4-door

Hi there,

I'm 45 years of age, maried with three lovely daugthers.
I live in The Neterlands, Europe. My hometown is Apeldoorn, see for
yourself:
http://www.vvvapeldoorn.nl/front_EN.htm (english language!)
and
http://www.vvvveluwe.nl/ (dutch language only...).

I've been on this list before, even several times. And still have some
contacts.
I just never succeeded in getting my own '56 Dodge, �ause thta's what I want
ever since I owned one 25 years ago.

Now it seems I've finally got her. Just won an auction on the Internet:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2485526761
a 1957 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer D500!!!.., not a 2-door, but who cares?
Almost nobody knows the difference over here!
She's located in Bremerton, Washington.

I still have to check with the VIN#, engine# and the info on the data plate.
But after everyting is okay, I will pay the $ 500 deposit and probably pick
her up myself.
That might sound easy to you, but it sure isn't: I live in The Netherlands,
Europe.
Happily flying is cheaper these days: for about $ 300 I'm there.

She needs a little work (that is: i hope just a little...), anyway the
brakes and exhaust needs to be done. And I want the wide white wall tires
mounted. I would like to have this done in the States, before I come to pick
her up.
I would really appriciate some advice on this.

And then offcourse, she needs to be shipped to The Netherlands.
I thought there are two possibilities:
1. ship directly from the Washington state;
2. drive her east and ship anywhere from the eastcoast.

Driving her would be nice, a sort of vacation to (hopefully) always
remember. But also risky, since you never know what might happen during such
a long trip. Shipping from the eastcoast will be less expensive.
Shipping from the westcoast seems like the easiest to do, but I do not yet
know anything about costs.
Can anybody give me a hint on how to find out about shipping?

Well, so far for now, I "look forward" to your reply!

Sincerely,

JIm Hoekendijk,
The Netherlands.

>>> Error in line 10 of l-forwardlook.mailtpl: unknown formatting command <<<
 -> . <-