[FWDLK] floor opionions please

Hello All,
                I'm adding power swivel seats to my '59 and I need your opinions. I'm ordering a floor from R/CAR and they want to know whether or not I want them to make the floors with or without the power seat recesses. Do any of you know if floor recesses were common or only applied to Imperials, etc.? Let me know privately ASAP so I can let them know. I've also heard that mostly convertibles had them to even the seat height. Is this true? Here's what R/Car had to say. I'm not doubting his honesty though. I just want a general opinion so I can make a decision. Thanks for you help.
-Frank

OK Frank, here's a couple of outlooks...First which did your payment take into account for, the one's with the recesses?  As for correctness, that's funky with old mother mopar, as I'm sure you know by now.  You're putting in the power swivels, which aren't original to the build sheet, but not a hard swap should you ever go the absolutely correct route.  At this point, my suggestion would be go with the recesses for your application, although if you are thinking about going 100 pt resto down the road, you want what is correct for your car.  It wouldn't be hard to change down the road, just cut out the recesses and fill in with flat stock, they're absolutely flat there with no features.  Here's some extra info to help you decide...The general rule is power seats and convertibles had the recesses...The power seats to clear the power seat motor without altering the hight of a non-power seat, and the convertibles to make extra headroom for the convertible mechanisms.  As you have stated, you know of cars that don't follow this rule.  We have come across many ourselves, that's why we ask the customer which they prefer and don't just ask if they have power seats or a convertible and automatically send them with the recess.  When we first found the rule, we did this, and had several returns saying they had non power seats with the recess, or power seats without...it's a big confusing mess, typical of mother mopar.  As an example of this, a friend of ours has a 67 dart (late production number), his father had bought the car brand new.  It was a pristine low milage survivor that only had a paint job and driver's seat cover done to it and he has competed for trophy with it.  He took 2nd place at a show, and he went to the judges with it.  He said, "not that I'm complaining or anything, 'cause I'm happy with second place, but for future reference so I can do what needs to be done to make it a first place winner, what 'caused me to lose points?"  The judge responded that it had a 68 cuda dash in it.  They guy told the judge, that's how his father brought the car home from the dealer in 67.  Also another snag with the 59 we ran into.  The drivers front floor typically is not cut out for the access panel the 57 and 58 have under the pedals.  But we have run into customers that say theirs do have it (early production numbers).  We need to know how you need that to.  Thanks, Josh