   Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:27:17 -0600
   From: Eugene Blanchard <>
Subject: Re: Hydra-matic - a modern swap?

Probably for the cool factor. At the Mopar show and shine last weekend here
in
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, there were the normal 440 cid, 340s and Hemis but
the car that caught everyone's eye was the 59 Dodge with the supercharged,
EFI and distributerless slant six!

The guy added the EFI and supercharger off of a 3.8L thunderbird and the
distributer less ignition off a late model Chevy. I wish that I had taken
pictures, it was very well done and looked factory stock - no hack job!

The slant six worked well because it has lots of room to add the
supercharger
without modding the hood. Very nice.

Now that sure beats the old SBC for coolness

On Thursday 26 August 2004 08:58, Bill Guthrie wrote:
> Why not put in a Chevy 350?

I'd like to see that one myself -

Bill K.

---