From: Scott H <kneedrager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] COWL WEATHERSTRIP AND NAILS
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:10:51 +0000

On the 56 Dodge the weatherstrip on the cowl and the base of the hood was
originally held in place with short nails right through the sheetmetal (I
guess there are some good reasons why they dont make them like they used
to!) I am now beginning to prep for paint and decided that I dont want to
re-use the nails and would prefer to simply glue the weatherstrip in place.
I need to fill in the nail holes and think the simplest thing would be to
just use seam sealer. I could weld the holes shut but I am not that great
with the welder ant it will entail grinding and smoothing not a big deal but
I don thin the end result will be any better then seam sealer. I dont think
body filler is a good idea but the POR Patch may do the trick.
I am open to suggestions on what to do here.

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer
2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab