[FWDLK] Flat Earth Society

Marty, not only are the bottoms of the rockers flat, but they have a
couple really neat (but relatively USELESS--if you do not 'count'
contributing to the premature rust-out of the rocker panels, due to
their particular locations)
short-tubular-"channeled"  drain-holes.

As far as to the poor  fitment, on a lot of 57 -59   cars,  of the
lower-door corner-edges, to the rocker panel, and to the 1/4 panel,  I
believe that it was Greg Leggatt, on Napanee, Ontario, who told me that
the 'culprit'  is really the 1/4 panel &/or the rocker, & not,
necessarilly, the door's  manufacture/installation.

I'll write to Greg, tonite, to confirm "this" info, as Greg has
performed quite a few  masterful restorations on  57-58 Dodges..

About 20 years ago, I had a body shop custom manufacture outer rocker
panels, for Horrie. The results were (al-) most excellent, but the
"cross-sections" on the outboard sides of the rockers ended-up  a tad
too-flat.

I'm thinking about having my body shop look @ the rockers, to see if
they can 'smile' on them, to increase the 'belly' on them.

Has anyone bought an aftermarket rocker panel, and been happy with their
'shape', so that they might recommend them, to me?--I would have my shop
merely "use" the belly-section, on them.

Neil Vedder