[FWDLK] Christine Info

As you are all aware by now "Christine" was re-releasted last week.  Like
most of you I went to get the "New" copy for the extra footage and the
commentary by John Carpenter and Keith Gordon during the movie.

I did notice something during one of the featurettes.  Richard Kobritz  said
the car was a '57!  I know its been 20 years but....  During the commentary
Mr. Carpenter and Mr. Gordon were unsure how many cars were left.  One of
them even said two and that Columbia may still have one of the two.

About 2 years ago I met one of the owners who had one of the cars used in
the movie (it was the Moochie killer car).  He gave me some info on the cars
and on his car.  A few months later, I needed to do a story for my car clubs
newsletter ( www.moparsinmotion.com ) on Christine at 20.  I co-wrote this
story with the car owner, Martin.  A short time later, WWW.allpar.com picked
up on it and asked to use it for there website.  They also wanted us to add
more info, in which we did.  It can be seen at
www.allpar.com/history/christine.html .

A few months ago I got a call from "Forward" magazine.  They are doing a
story on "Christine" for their fall issue and wanted me and Martin to help
with the story.  The writer also contacted Mr. Carpenter, Mr. Phillips the
screen play writer and Mr. Kobritz, the films producer along with some staff
that worked on the movie.  This article should be one of the better ones
written about the movie.  I have not seen the final draft yet but it sounds
like a winner.  It is unknown to me if this story was planned around the
re-realse of the DVD or not.  I was contacted in late April for the fall
story.  If if you are a Christine fan and subscribe to "Forward"  watch for
the next issue coming soon.

Mike Morelli
'58 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr Hdtp
'57 Plymouth belvedere 4dr Hdtp