From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 5:48 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Mating my Tranny to my 361

Within the next week or so, I will be mating up my torqueflight transmission
back with my re-built 361. I was reviewing some of the old post's on this
subject and wanted to ask the group for suggestions on making this as smooth
as possible. Here is what I have so far:

"Get four, six inch long bolts that have a long shaft and short treads, the
same as the tranny mount bolts. Cut of the heads of the bolts and screw the
bolts into the bell housing. then slide the tranny on to the bolts. This
will keep the tranny lined up and then the only thing you will have to line
up is the pump sleeve slots."
Also...

"......what finally solved the problem was using large screw drivers in the
bolt holes to line everything up.  The two
came together without too much trouble."

I hear that getting the pump to line up is a real chore. Any other tips??

James Z
1959 Dodge