Re: [FWDLK] Which is faster? a 426 Hemi, or a 315 Hemi?

Re: [FWDLK] Which is faster? a 426 Hemi, or a 315 Hemi?

I take it the block on the pedal was like a governor,right?Must have been bracket racing.I didn't see the show all this talk is about,but being a 426 Hemi owner all I can say is the times that Challenger ran are pothetic.The first road test on a Hemi E-body were on a pre-production Hemi-automatic Cuda convert.which the mag doing the road test said "wasn't running up to it's potential" ran a 13.5 1/4 mile.This was 1969,tires back then were horrible.I think this car they tested on this show was either poorly tuned,detuned(maybe 9.0 compression for modern gas),or they babied the hell out of it so as not to blow it up.My Fury is heavier than an E-body,true It has more cam than stock and headers,but with a broken motor mount which allowed the engine to lift up so the clutch linkage wouldn't work and it could only be shifted by letting off and granny shifting(discovered after numerous grinding trying to go from 1st to 2nd) still ran a 13.6 1/4,normally it ran 12.4 to 12.7 1/4's.My friends '66 Satellite Hemi/4 speed,3:54 rear ran 12.0 1/4's once again,stock with a mild cam.These are more accurate times for Hemi cars,driven the way they were meant to be driven.Compare those numbers and I think we know what cars would be faster.
Adam Lindenbaum
58 426 Hemi/4 speed Fury
57 Savoy Kustom