Re: [FWDLK] It's BAAAAACK!

This was someone's quick and easy way to restore a vehicle and claim it was
a special factory order.  And make a few extra dollars along the way.

Unfortunately, he claimed the car was one of three built in Canada for
Mexico.  But, he ran into a few things that tripped him up-

- the 1961 Dodge Polara was not built in Canada - total production was zero.
- the car's serial number plate has "2" for the assembly plant (Hamtramck)
and not "9" for Windsor.
- the speedometer is not in kilometres

The owner did get a copy of the build record from Chrysler Historical,
apparently, as he told an auto writer the car was purchased by and shipped
to a dealer in Pennsylvania.

He also tripped up on the non-Mopar record player (which he does not mention
in the e-bay ad this time), the rear spare "wheel" (never offered on a 1961
Dodge) or the additional trim on the rear panel above the bumper (looks like
something from a rec room reno).  He also gave the car his trademark
blacked-out taillight housing.  The owner of this car had his 1961 Dodge
Polara convertible in an issue of Collectible Automobile a while back and it
also had blacked-out taillight housings.  That one, though, had the correct
interior, rear trim, no "wheel" on the trunk, and the correct Dodge front
clip.

Too bad people like this exist trying to pass butchered vehicles off as rare
factory productions.

Bill
Vancouver, BC