From: Ron Dulmage <dulmage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, June 06, 1999 7:38 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Fuel Pump

I have had some problems with the fuel pump on my 55 Chrysler with the 331
Hemi.
Most of the rebuild units have check valves made of rubber unlike the
bakelite or phenolic type material in the original. Whatever the additives
in the gas are they play heck with the check valves, swelling them so they
stick after only a few days. I found a supplier with new six volt electric
pumps so I bought one and mounted it on the frame back by the gas tank, put
a 10 amp in line fuse on the wire and connected it to the ignition switch.
Works like a charm. I  took the car our to the 2nd annual Hot Rod Reunion in
Lewisville, Texas yesterday and got first place trophy in my class. It was
great as it was the first time our for the car. It now has 44 miles on it
and I guess I feel more comfortable with it so I going to cruise it every
weekend for a while.  There were some fab 50s cars in the over 200 that came
to the reunion. Mackey Nelson showed up with a phenomenal 57 Plymouth
convertible. I think he has joined the forwardlook today and I imagine he
will fill us in on the details. My wife loved his car and almost followed it
down the street. Lots of guys came by our car,including a guy who was a Long
Island NY Chrysler dealer in the 50s. Many people had never seen a 55 ST.
Regis before and all comments were positive. I sure felt good.
Ron Dulmage