Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler Passing Eye Mirror ??

Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler Passing Eye Mirror ??

In a message dated 11/12/2004 5:59:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, pontiac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
This is basically a complicated blind spot mirror, instead of the little
bubble you stick on them nowadays from a parts store.
It is designed to let you see around the car in front of you, before you pass it.  It is not quite so necessary to pull over the center line to look around it and see what's coming.

With our more modern road designs, it isn't as desirable as it used to be.  For instance, when I first began driving, (just after WWII), the trip from Detroit to Chicago was 300 miles of mostly two-lane, sometimes 3-lane road.  a 50 MPH average was really fast.  Passing was a real pain, dangerous, with lots of head-ons.  Mirrors such as this could help a lot.

(Gosh, sometimes I feel really old.)

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI