From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Watson
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 3:50 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] A String of Pearls, a BALL OF TWINE?

No, according to legend that was how the Plymouth got its name.

Back in the1920's America was a predominantly agrarian society with the
majority of the people living outside of cities.   One of the sales
executives at the time, Joseph Washington Frazer, suggested the name
Plymouth for Chrysler's new 4-cylinder car.  When Walter Chrysler asked why,
Frazer supposedly came back with another question, "Ever hear of Plymouth
binder twine?".   Walter's reply was, "Why every g*****n farmer in America
has heard of Plymouth binder twine!",.  Thus Plymouth  got its name.

The Plymouth adopted the Mayflower as its emblem as it looked a little
better than a role of binder twine.  And it tied the Plymouth name to
another piece of Americana, this time historical.

Bill
Vancouver, BC