Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] A String of Pearls, a BALL OF TWINE?

In a message dated 11/14/2004 10:10:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, wwatson5@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Actually it was before the merger.  American management at Highland Park
kept shrinking the Plymouth line after 1974 as the population outside of the
cities shrank.  In 1973 Plymouth offered 36 models in 4 car lines plus 2
imported models .  By 1996 the Plymouth line-up had shrunk to 8 models in 2
car lines.

Sorry, can't blame the Germans for this one.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

Bill is so right!  Except I count 4 car lines in 2000...Voyager , Breeze, Neon, Prowler.  It is interesting to note that even at the end, Plymouth was selling more brand than Oldsmobile and without the 3,000 plus dealers to support.