[FWDLK] Ball joint issue

Hi to all,

I am having a problem with the lower ball joints supplied to me by P.S.T. in
NJ. for a long wheelbase Chrysler  (300F, 300G) - and would like to know if
anyone has experienced the same issue.... The problem is that the ball joint
rubber boots supplied for the lower ball joints have a stud hole which is
too large  (about  .970) versus the size of the stud (.885) at the fatter
end of the taper, where the boot is supposed to fit.

I did call PST, thinking they had packaged the wrong boots with my
balljoints; but their "quality control" dep't checked another set and came
up with the same boot as they had sent me. They are trying to tell me this
is normal and OK.  No way, Jose !

However, I do remember installing numerous sets of these balljoints, always
supplied by PST, and not having this problem in the past. I also have a set
of NORS older balljoints which have a proper boot on them, with the boot's
hole sealing up against the stud just fine.

Comments from list members?

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY...