Re: [FWDLK] Speakin of exhaust deflectors...

Re: [FWDLK] Speakin of exhaust deflectors...

Eh, they're a nice 'custom' touch; BTW, those deflectors CAN be
restored, as long as you find/get enough material/shape, from the
rusty/nasty wrecking yard "donors"; usually it's only  the bottom
sections that get destroyed.

A good metal shop can re-form the bottom- (I've had it be done!) halves,
& then you can have the deflectors be re-chromed----just make sure that
you get the tongue-piece; that guy would be tough to re-make, and be
sure that your shop correctly forms the 'belly' shape, on the bottom
half of the deflector, where it 'clears' the tail pipe!!

I mentioned, months ago, that there were 3 different "styles" to the
deflectors; one of the 'other' ones has a 'removable/replaceable'
bottom section, that is secured by 4 small sheetmetal screws, so that
the owner would not have to replace the entire assembly, only the
bottom-piece that tended to get scraped-up &/or corroded!!

Neil Vedder