From: "eastern sierra Adj Services" <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 11:28 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Rocker & ROLL

Someone else on the List referred me to JCWhitney, after he had bought
some rocker panel repair-panels from JCW, & was satisfied with the
product.

I scored a passenger-side repair-panel on ebay, & it's quite heavy (14
ga?) and apparently well formed (altho no drain holes in it; the
bodyshop can cut/form them)--got NO idea who made it, but the seller
said it came out of a defunct dealership's stock.

JCW subcontracts with a US fabricator (can't recall its name: "SKC??")
which makes-up the repair panels on a 'jobber' basis.

My driver's-side repair panel (I was told, when I made the order,
several weeks ago) would be shipped around the first week of DEC. I,
obviously haven't seen it, but I will be able to compare its quality to
that of the very-satisfactory ebay passengers-side piece I've got, now.

The JCW panels are not "imported" off-shore
products.

That said, if the driver's-side panel arrives in defective, or
sub-standard quality, I'll let everyone know. I've got considerable
confidence in receiving a quality product, based upon the recommendation
that was given to me, by one of "us".

BTW, regarding the recent discussion on the merits of installing a
rack-and-pinion steering system on the 57+ torsion-bar cars,  based upon
MY experience, it is possible to dial-in an AMAZINGLY  accurate steering
system, if you will overhaul your front suspension, install Just
Suspension's H.D. strut-bar bushing, get an alignment with 1 1/2degrees
positive-caster (for self-centering action) , install gas shocks,
replace, if necessary, the idler-arm (or replace its bushing), and
overhaul (if necessary) the power steering gearbox &/or pump; you can
install H.D. (Lucas) power stering fluid, too.
A new set of tires won't hurt, either.

Neil Vedder