Re: [FWDLK] distributors for a 361 V-8

Yes I know for a fact that a newer distributor fits right in.  Carquest
#30-3817 which is for a '61-'64 Chrysler 2v has pretty much the same vacuum
and mechanical advance curve as the '58 DeSoto distributor #1B4005.

I would not use this bouchellon for two reasons:
[1] All "factory" distributors don't have the same "stock distributor
advance" curves.
[2] Their unit requires a separate control unit.

I'd use the Pertronix which fits entirely inside the distributor.

--Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA, '58 DeSoto, '55 DeSoto, '42 DeSoto, '41
Dodge, '66 Plymouth, '81 Imperial