From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Wayne Graefen
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 7:56 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Oddity On The Road!

There have been aftermarket companies who have built Cadillac coupes into El
Camino types over they years and particularly the late '70s starting with
'77 because the ElDorado dropped the convertible that year but the coupes
were using the former convertible frames.  The Cad pickups were often
referred to as "Texas Cadillacs" on the (very mistaken) idea that everybody
in Texas has oil money and drives a Cadillac and owns a truck.   Most of the
Cad PUs that survived were stowed away in collections or show up at auctions
from time to time.
I once owned something similar.  A '78 Eldo convertible.  The factory
stopped making them in '76 but a company in Ohio had permission and parts
from GM including use of the GM warranty to make some more.  This one came
from an estate auction in my small town of Kerrville.   I polished and tuned
it and resold it for a couple thousand dollar profit within a couple months.
Wayne