[FWDLK] Belching, Gas, & self-destructive taillights

[FWDLK] Belching, Gas, & self-destructive taillights

When I was born, I was very young, but I seem to recall that 'they' were
called (at least , in Ohio) Filling Stations, not GasEstations.
When/where did "Self-Serve" gas pumps first arise (pre-73-energy-crisis,
right?).

Now, I nominate, for the next Mobil Peace Prize
(in Autodynamics category) the guy who designs/makes the world's FIRST
"Anti-Slosh-
o-Matic"  precision-mechanism, that  would prevent unplanned filler tube
emissions. The "diaphram" (for female cars, like Bertha & Nadine) would
firmly secure to the filler orice, (with a small vent-hole) allowing
only the filler nozzle to penetrate, & perform similarly to the current
"vapor-recovery"  nozzles, which, when properly held against the
orifice, prevent the deleterious spillage of precious fluids.

At the other end of the ForwardLook spectrum, I nominate for first-round
inclusion, in the Hall of Shame , along w/the guys who "engineered"
the 57-59 body structures  (NOT the design-guys!!) and the upholstery
cloth geniuses, and the 1960-line of plastic-molded door trim panels,
the "man" who engineered  [drumroll,  please ]: the SELF-DESTRUCTING
1960 DeSoto tail  lights !  The "Batmobile", on Ebay, now, is another
perfect-example of the magical-disappearing chrome (plastic?)
trim-dooies. How were they "installed" , and how did they "ALL" happen
to fall-off of the tail lights??? Did they 'shed', or molt off??--They
sure didn't grow-back-on!!

Howcum nobody (TMK) is re-popping them? How many DIFFERENT  pieces were
installed on each car? Six? Three? Two?

Hydrocarbonically,

Neil V.