Re: [FWDLK] Chrome Repair?

90% of the cost of Chroming is the preparation. And, as Wayne sys, If'n you ain't good at this, leave it to the plater.

The Copper gives it it's luster/color hue, the Nickel gives it the silvery look, and the actual Chrome is only 1-2 atoms thick, really thin. This gives it the shine/brilliance that we all love, and any blemish in the base metal part will be enhanced by the process, that is, made to be very apparent. Grinding marks, dents, scrapes will all show, because all you're doing is laying a nearly transparent layer of shine over the part. Or so they told me when I worked in a Westinghouse plant in the late 50's. Beside the chrome shop they had a giant louver press, but that's another story.....

Regards, Ray
Y'all have a great holiday season, and tell all those special people that you love them.