Re: [FWDLK] Riding the Coupe

In the first year of production(1968), the Roadrunner was available only as
a coupe, complete with a "B" pillar and swing out rear windows as befitting
a car marketed as a no-frills affordable muscle car. The following years,
Mother Mopar would build it as a hardtop(and I've heard there may have been
convertibles too) with as many frills as you wanted. The coupes were
considered better for drag racing,  the bodies were stiffer, a hardtop B
body running sub 12 second et's would tend to wrinkle the rear quarter
panels after a while if you didn't stiffen it up with a full roll cage or
at least some reinforcement in the rear floor area. The second digit in the
vin told the price range, "L" for low price, "M" for medium price, and "P"
for premium price.

Mike