[FWDLK] Copper lines

If you find copper lines employed on a car you are considering purchasing or on a car you own, IMMEDIATELY replace them with mild or stainless steel because of the huge safety risk.  I have personally never seen copper used for brake lines but I have seen it many times for replacement gas line.  It is used because it is inexpensive, easy to bend and easy to flare BUT IT IS NOT SAFE.  In addition to others mention, it will chafe on anything it rubs against until it wears through and you can't have a leak in a brake or fuel line!

Wayne