[FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] Brakeline Tubing

    Just this past summer I was talking to a fellow at the Iola WI car show.   He was selling stainless steel brake lines.  All he had with him were the typical Chevy, Ford stuff.  I asked him about lines for my 59 Plymouth and he said he would make lines to match original shape and length for my wagon if I brought him the old lines.  He estimated the cost to be around $90 -$125.
    I did not think this was too bad considering the time and material it takes to make them.  Of course I did not have my old lines with me and do not have his name or number.   And, I hope to have the wagon on the road before Iola in July, so I cannot wait until then to see if he is still willing to do them .
    What I will do is watch for him this year and see if he is still around that price.   Maybe I need to take the original lines off my 59 Ply parts car, 2 dr., and have him make a couple of sets to sell.  Would these fit the 57 -58 Plymouths too?
    Just a thought, John in WI  cloudy all day, 40 deg. and loving it!  (compared to 15 - 26 below 10 days ago.)

ps: may just be able to get the two side headliner pieces out of my  59 Belvedere 2 dr. hdtp. and sell them...anyone looking for these or other 59 2 dr. parts...glass...318 torqueflite WO/Shift cable (ran 2 yrs. ago when parked)  rear end assy...brake assy.

John in WI

    Stainless steel is the ultimate solution except it is too expensive to use in all but the top of the line cars where low cost is not critical.

                                 Jim Woomer