Re: [FWDLK] RED PLYMOUTH FURY

Most of us are familiar with the rumors of other than white Furys,what I want to know is where are all of the 57-58 Fury wagons,convertibles and 4 doors that every person who comes up to me at a car show's uncle,aunt,father,brother,friend,ect owned.If I have my 57 Savoy 4 door they all had a Fury 4 door like this one,if I have my 58 Fury they all had a Fury like this one but a 4 door,wagon convertible,ect.And the best part is they almost all had Hemis!A few had 383s,413s or the ultra rare 6 cylinder(a rare option in the Fury).I've given up trying to explain the only a 2 door,only one color thing,it only seems to make these people irate and then they want to argue.Don't ask if it may have been a Belvedere,Savoy or Plaza,it only makes things worse.I've been told I should put the "Silver Fury trim" on my car,argued with that the 426 Hemi is stock in this car(one guy out there owns one),that my 57 is not a 57 but a 58,and numerous other tales.I like the people who come up and say"This is like the car in the movie Christine,except Christine was a '57 Chevy",gotta love it.
 When my friend Joe was buying his 59 Fury I warned him that for some reason finned Plymouth's are a--hole magnets,if there is an a--hole within 2 miles of you he will come directly to you and stay there for hours.Mind you a lot of really cool people are also attracted to our cars,but I rarely go anywhere without someone who knows more about my car than me coming up and spending at least an hour informing me how much he knows.Anyone else out there in Forward Look land ever notice this?My friend Joe is now a believer.
 I've also learned that explaining that these Plymouths didn't come with Hemis,and that 58 Furys only came in beige is lot harder when you are driving one that is purple with a Hemi in it!
Adam Lindenbaum
58 426 Hemi/4 speed Fury
57(or 58 as I've been told) Savoy Kustom