[FWDLK] Notes from the Wrecking yards...

[FWDLK] Notes from the Wrecking yards...

Just looking @ my photos of the 2 wrecking yards, in Phoenix, & thought
I'd mention that, for Gary Pavlovich (& anyone else, so-interested)
Desert Valley has a MINT/PERFECT gas tank rubber gasket-thingee, still
attached to a 'loose' filler-tube, just lying inside a 57 CRL trunk; all
you gotta do, is have them walk out to the car, & hand-carry the assy
back to their office. I photoed the filler tube (& the gasket) to
document the internal baffle, that keeps the tank from collapsing, in
relation to the vented filler-cap.  BTW, Horrie's "only"  48 y.o., but
so far one of the FEW O.E.M.. untouched-parts/pieces, on him,  is  his
tank-gasket-thingee.

Also, D.V. has a 57 Sierra S/W w/a complete
swaybar system (but, there will be some work/'cutting' involved, for
them to liberate THAT assy; but, it's THERE.)

D.V. has several cars, with varying-extents of intact/usable/restorable
Dodge-type headliner-bows.

D.V. has an AMAZING, essentially-intact CUSTOM  56 PLY " Swept-Wing
(type)"  pickup!!! It carries the residual paint-logo, on its 'bedside'
of "Carnation". It needs a complete resto, but all the bodywork is
intact & complete, except for front fenders, grille, & back glass. The
tailgate is rusted-thru, on the bottom, but its form/construction is
still 'there'. This car would  truly be amazing (but, I already said
'that'!) when it's restored.

D.V has a LOT of 57-58 PLY S/W's (bodywork), and several 59 Dodge S/W's.

D.V. also has the body shell, & some trim, incl tail light bezels, of a
61 DeSoto 2-dr H.T.

Because my friend & I ran out of time, before Hidden Valley closed, @ 3
PM, we didn't closely inspect its cars, but there IS a 57 CRL with the
A/C control panel  (for whomever, recently, asked me about that  item).
That car  has a nice CRL glovebox 'door', with its   miniature
lance-and-shield emblems.

H.V. has a restorable 59 Dodge ambulance.

There are 55-56 MoPars galore, @ both yards, and 63 -64 Chryslers, for
those you interested in the 11x3"  Bendix Duo-Servo brake systems.

But, SOMEBODY should  acquire that 56 PLY "Swept-wing" pickup!!!

Neil Vedder