Re: [FWDLK] What can you Hemi? DCX contest

Re: [FWDLK] What can you Hemi? DCX contest

Mitsubishi doesn't know HEMI from Sushi!

                      Jason Rogers
                      <jrogers@BLUE-BIRD        To:       L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      .COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by: Forward          Subject:  [FWDLK] What can you Hemi? DCX contest
                      Look Mopar
                      Discussion List
                      <L-FORWARDLOOK@lis
                      ts.psu.edu>

                      02/11/2005 08:06
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Jason Rogers

Hi Folks:

I received this from a friend who is a Chrysler employee.  Since the
"Hemi" was used during the Forward Look era, I thought it would be
slightly relevant to the list and slightly interesting to you
motor-heads.  (I didn't know that the word HEMI could be used as a verb.
LOL...)

Adam Lindenbaum, was your '58 Fury an inspiration for them to come up
with this promotional program?  8=)

I recall that an the old Mitsubishi 2.6L I-4, which was an option engine
in the original generation of Mopar Minivans, was actually a hemi, but
obviously not a HEMI hemi...

Anyway, enjoy!

Jason Rogers
'55 Belvedere
Warner Robins, GA

'What can you HEMIR?
 In celebration of the legendary HEMI engine, Chrysler Group launches
the "What Can You HEMI?" contest today asking consumers the question:
If you could infuse the power and torque of the 5.7-liter V-8 HEMI
engine into anything, what would it be? Chrysler Group is encouraging
consumers to imagine the possibilities of HEMI-power.  Anyone up for the
challenge is required to submit their HEMI-powered invention in a brief
essay (300 words or less) and to support the idea with a sketch.

A panel of Chrysler Group judges will select five semi-finalists based
on creativity, engineering feasibility, safety and functionality. The
five semi-finalists will see their HEMI-powered idea brought to life and
will win a trip for two to take part in the official unveiling of these
creations. One of the five final HEMI-powered inventions will be named
the grand prize winner and its inventor will drive home in a
HEMI-powered Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge vehicle of their choice. More
contest information is available at www.WhatCanYouHemi.com . Employees
and their families are not eligible to enter the contest.

Contest entries must be postmarked by April 6 and received by April 13,
2005 and should be mailed to:
"What Can You HEMI" Contest
P.O. Box  6761
Stacy, MN 55078-6761