From: "Dave Homstad" <dhomstad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 2:45 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] '55 Dodge sold on eBay

Roger,

I am not an expert on 55s, but as I recall:
1.  The Hemi was standard only on Custom Royals, but probably an option on
lower models. This car has the Hemi.
2.  A Custom Royal had a gold "Custom" badge on the side. This car does
not.
3,  A Custom Royal has tail light housings with slots on the sides, this
car has the non-sloted tail light housings of a Royal.
4.  This car has the short grill teeth of a Royal, not the tall teeth of a
Custom Royal.

This is 3 strikes against being a CRL. Since the Hemi engine is
"overhauled", it might also have replaced the original. So far, my opinion
is that it is a Royal.

The only true test is to ask for the car's Model Number from the body
plate, which will define which model it really is.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500

From: Roger & Janet van Hoy <vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: 2005/02/13 Sun AM 06:23:35 GMT To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [FWDLK] '55 Dodge sold on eBay

Here's a '55 Dodge that just closed on eBay for $8,000:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4525864933

Tried to tell the guy it's a Royal Lancer, not Custom Royal, here's what
he said:

what is with you psuedo-experts? do some research before you jump in with
criticism. this is a custom royal NOT A ROYAL LANCER! look it up. dave

arthur2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

david allard P.O.Box 301 Burley, Wa. 98322