Re: [FWDLK] '55 Dodge sold on eBay

1. The "Custom" nameplate was added to the hardtop and convertible after the
1955 models were introduced.  The sedan had the "Custom" nameplate from the
beginning.
2. However, all Custom Royal hardtops had "Lancer" after "Royal".  This one
has just "Royal", which is what the Royal hardtops had - no "Lancer".
3. The 1955 Custom Royal also had small chrome fins on the rear fenders
which the Coronet and Royal did not.   And this one has no fins.
4. And the Custom Royal had trim along the rocker panels, which the Royal
did not have, and neither does this car.
5. And the door panel is from a Royal.  The Custom Royal had the panel split
horizontally, with the dark colour below and the light colour above.   It
also had a silver vinyl panel around the arm rest.
6. The 270-cid hemi was standard in the Custom Royal and optional on Coronet
and Royal models.

This car is most defintely not a Custom Royal, but a Royal.

By the way, the 'teeth' used on 1955-1958 Custom Royals models wsere called
'spuds' by Chrysler.

Bill
Vancouver, BC