Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:09 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] seat belt question

I've got a question I don't recall being addressed recently.  What ARE
the state laws on seat belts on older vehicles?  My understanding was,
in Missouri, that there was a clause exempting pre-1964 vehicles (or
vehicles originally without seatbelts) from seat belt regulations.
 Don't know if this is fact or something I heard.  Would appreciate
feedback from Forwardlookers from different states.

I think seat belts are a good idea.  I have seen a number of older cars
where they have been installed.  Are they (seat belts) generally looked
upon as a good thing in a restored car, or a detraction from an
otherwise accurately redone interior?

Steve Chou