[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] Safety Question - Brake and seat belts

[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] Safety Question - Brake and seat belts

Thanks for all the information and opinions from everyone.

While in years past I have entered my car in car shows and have won several
trophies the best times I have had is traveling locally with other drivers
of older cars and going on tours at national shows.  As a family we have had
great fun driving around to cruise nights, etc.  The problem has been time
and brakes.  Time to spare to keep up with the car and fitting everything in
to available time. Brakes have been an issue with the noise and worrying
about stopping.  I do not travel above the speed limit with the car normally
and probably have not gone faster than 60 mph with the car. The brake
problem is to keep need to keep everyone safe, us and the car.  I do not
plan to make it a daily driver. Just want to know that when I need to stop I
will stop.  The brakes and seat belts will be the only "modification" I
consider to this car.  We take great pride and joy in our DeSoto.  We just
want to enjoy it more.

If I do this change to disc brakes I will most likely take a trip in it to
Niagara Falls. I figure as long as I can stop safely everything else can be
fixed.

Again thanks for everything, especially putting up with my rambling on and
keep the opinions and information coming. I need the help. This really is a
great group!

Walter Landry
56 DeSoto Firedome Seville