[FWDLK] Blue-plate SPECIAL

I THINK that this site may attach, to 'this', but if it doesn't, you can
find it @ "Eurosign" or licenseplates.tv .

John Hertog originally sent me this site, as I was whining about not
being able to find a local shop, which could re-paint Horrie's vintage
1980 CA blue license plates ("D500").

Eurosign charges $150.00 to re-pop 2 plates (or, $75.00 each) ; and they
are (virtually) perfect.

My new-plates are a tad lighter-weight, than the series-1980 versions,
and the height of the "D500" 'letters' is 1/8" taller (but,
noticibly-so, to the 'trained' eye), but the colors are right-on.

What I did, was confirm w/the DMV that they could sell me a replacement
year & month sticker,(for $12.00), if I produced my current
registration, and re-done tags.

I then figgered that I'd order the new plates a couple months before my
plates renewed. Then, a month afterward, I presented my 'current'
sticker (still in its wrapper), along with my new plates, & the
nice-local-DMV-lady [gotta luv small towns, with their 2-5 person DMV
waiting-lines, & personal-service] said here's a free 'month' sticker.

Felt kinda weird to replace the original, but,  "grody" [--CA-speak, for
"awful-condition"] plates, with their 24(!!!)-thick accumulated
year-stickers, for a brand-new "identical"plate, with only one sticker,
on it.

So, if you've got an old plate (CA "black-plate", or
year-of-manufacture, etc), I HIGHLY recommend Europlate (in Florida---go
figure)
to you---thanx, John Hertog!

btw, I can send anyone interested with some pics of the old/new plates.

Neil Vedder