[FWDLK] 413 A/C Idler Pulley Replacement

[FWDLK] 413 A/C Idler Pulley Replacement

Hi to all,

After much personal expense in time and money, the makings of a modern
replacement for our idler pulleys are all readily available from your local
Mopar dealer. This will fit all '59-'65 Chrysler & Imperials and other cars
with 413 A/C set ups.

#3830196 Pulley ID
#9418275 Bolt Hex   (Comes with attached washer for outside of pulley)
#271502   Nut Hex
#5214065 Shield ID  (Need 2 of these)
You will also need 1 or more 7/16 washers between inner shield and the
support depending on your alignment and an optional lock washer behind the
support and in front of the nut if you are the belt and suspender type.

The compression bolt & nut is hardened.
The bearing is sealed on both sides and made in Canada.
The pulley is made in USA.
Do not use the screw hex that is called for with the pulley. The bolt hex
called for above is more substantial and comes from another assembly that
uses the same bearing.
Do not order an after market pulley that replaces this Chrysler number
because it will only fit a 3/8 in. belt. Our belts are 7/16 in. and this
pulley accepts the 7/16 in. belt completely.

You will have to flatten one side of the bolt, where it passes thru the
support, so that it measures no less than .377 in. across the flat to the
other side of the threads if your support still has the flat at 12 o'clock
high. Use the existing bolt as a guide. The tighter the fit the better. If
your support has already been drilled out round then this will not be
necessary.

Retail list is $44.40 complete.
I paid $29.27 thru my Chrysler mechanic friend.

E-mail me privately with a request for photos.

awrdoc@xxxxxxxxx

Respectfully submitted,
Tony Rinaldi
300-F Conv't