Re: [FWDLK] On Golden Lancer....

Ok, due to overwhelming request (ok; Dave Homstad's still awake!) I've
found  the Golden Lancer  "brochure"---& find that it's an over-sized
'postcard', from 1958(!), advertising a  (what-else?) gold-and-white
color-scheme, on the "Spring Special" body-trim package.

" For only (!) $69.16, per month [ ' with normal down payment, tax &
license excluded' ] " , "you" could have owned this: "Distinctive,
Luxurious", and, yes : "Fabulous" Coro-model-only (apparently) 2-dr
hardtop, complete with push button automatic transmission, Torsion-Aire
ride &  Total Contact brakes [ too-funny!], white wall tires, exclusive
Golden Lancer trim [Spring-special, apparently], and, l-b-n-l: exclusive
Golden Lancer two-tone PAINT.---Gold wasn't a standard 58 color, but, in
57,  Gold probably ran neck-and-neck with Heather-Green, as the most
common color-combo, with Glacier White.

Neil Vedder