Re: [FWDLK] 56 Dodge Golden Lancer

Thanks for the update Tim.   I agree.   In addition, I have a could of
pictures of the "Golden Lancer" brochure and the "Golden Lancer" outdoor
billboard advertising that ran in 1956 is someone would like to see
it.   Maybe I could post the pictures to the web site?   Dave?

Greg in WI
1956 Dodge Royal Lancer (not D500, D500-1, D500 Special, Texan, or
"Golden Lancer")

DupontTim@xxxxxxx wrote:

Although I haven't looked at it in a while Dennis Kennedy wrote an
article on the 56 D500 that came out in Collectable Automobile (aug
97?) that gave a pretty good account of the Golden Lancers. I believe
it could be had in the Coronet or Custom Royal initially, and perhaps
even in the Royal line eventually, I would have to check on that. The
research he did showed that they were given the D500 upgrade as
standard, the D500-1 was a separate upgrade. Unfortunately Dennis
accidentally provided a photo of a Golden Lancer Coronet that had its
engine replaced with the 55 270 Hemi done in very unoriginal paint and
had a later model paper element air cleaner. This along with countless
other articles with abundant mistakes and Dodges very confusing
attempts to promote more production of D500s, eventually creating
three different versions of model content (The three were formally
introduced on March 9th 1956 as the D500 Special, The D500, and The
D500-1), make it nearly impossible for a lay person to get the facts
straight. Some people even confuse the Golden Lancer with the Texan
which was not given the D500 model upgrade standard but nonetheless
could be ordered with the "Model" upgrades. If you want a D500 or
a Golden Lancer getting the straight story will be difficult. Thanks
Tim in Golden Co. 56 D500-1