From: "Dave Casey" <dcasey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] intake manifold restoration

Yes, that's the valley pan. You can still buy them. You need one for a B
engine, so if you go to order one your best bet is to say its for a 383 or
400 so the parts people know what you're talking about (most of them have
never heard of the 361. Imagine if you had a 350!). The valley pan seals
off
the lifter valley and was also the intake gasket. You'll notice it has a
crush zone around the ports for sealing purposes. If you want to reuse
your
pan, get some paper gaskets to put between the pan and intake. If you get
new pan, you can do without the paper gaskets assuming you're using iron
heads and intake.

Dave Casey