From: "Tom Stroup" <tstroup@xxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Fluid Drive Shift Patterns

We have a 1948 DeSoto and you have described
(shifting) it perfectly. Put stick in second gear position, start out,
lift foot on accelerator, hear the clunk, go some more, shift into third
gear
position.

Tom southern Ohio

Terry & Andree Hoeman <tehoema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/04/05 10:50 AM >>>
Bill--- have only one thing to say about your write up.

Excellent description!!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Watson" <wwatson5@xxxxxxxxx> To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 5:44 AM Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Fluid Drive Shift Patterns

By shift pattern, I suspect you are actually referring to the
semi-automatic
transmission.  Fluid Drive is just the fluid coupling between the engine
and
the clutch.  <snip>